RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
was also better than the vaunted S

Reply to topic    LIME Anime Forums Forum Index » General Chat View previous topic
View next topic
was also better than the vaunted S
hfy962464
Limey Lover

Post was also better than the vaunted S Reply with quote
MIAMI -- With a lot of muscle and a little body English, Garrett Jones finally beat the Chicago Cubs shift by clearing it. Paul Martin Sharks Jersey . Jones hit a three-run homer in the seventh inning Tuesday night, and the Miami Marlins rallied to beat Chicago 6-5. Jones had been 0 for 9 in the series against the Cubs, who deployed three infielders to the right of second base against the left-handed hitter. "The shift has taken away some hits," Jones said. "It has frustrated me a little bit mentally, chasing some balls out of the strike zone trying to make something happen. That last at-bat, I just squared it up and wasnt worried about the shift, and was able to get it out." Jones one-out drive hit the top of the wall and bounced into the bullpen for his ninth home run, but his first since May 23. "I was getting up on my tiptoes, wishing it would go over, and it did," he said. Adeiny Hechavarria started the seventh with a bunt single for his fourth hit. Rafael Furcal had a two-out, two-run single in the fourth for his first RBIs since 2012. Hard-luck Cubs starter Jeff Samardzija allowed three runs, two earned, in six innings but again was denied a victory. The Cubs are 4-11 when he starts even though his ERA is 2.78. "Thats the way it goes," Samardzija said. "I go out and pitch and keep doing my job and making improvements. I battled, and I liked the way I finished. I made some good adjustments and finished strong." Luis Valbuenas RBI double in the seventh gave Chicago a 4-3 lead and left Samardzija in line for only his third win. But Miami rallied against Brian Schlitter (2-2). Cubs manager Rick Renteria left the right-hander in the game to face Jones, rather than going with lefty Wesley Wright. "I was 99 per cent convinced Wright was coming in," Jones said. Renteria said he opted for Schlitter against Jones rather than bringing in Wright to face pinch-hitter Jeff Baker. "It was pick my poison," Renteria said. "Schlitt just left the pitch up. Thats obviously not what he wanted to do." Junior Lake hit his ninth homer, and third in five games against the Marlins this year, but the Cubs went 0 for 8 with runners in scoring position. The Marlins were 2 for 13. Miami, which leads the majors in home victories, improved to 24-14 at Marlins Park. Marlins rookie Anthony DeSclafani, recalled from the minors Monday, gave up four runs in 6 1-3 innings. Sam Dyson (1-0) pitched 1 1-3 scoreless innings for his first career win, then was optioned after the game -- as expected -- to Triple-A New Orleans. "We gave him the scorecard," manager Mike Redmond said. "He was pretty fired up about that." Steve Cishek gave up a run in the ninth on Justin Ruggianos sacrifice fly before striking out Anthony Rizzo with the bases empty to earn his 16th save in 17 chances. Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton, who came into the game leading the NL in home runs and RBIs, went 0 for 4 and stranded five runners. Miami scored an unearned run in the first when the Cubs tried to turn a 3-6-1 double play, and shortstop Starlin Castros errant throw allowed Furcal to come home from third. Furcal returned last week after being sidelined since the end of the 2012 season because of injuries. In the second inning, Lake hit a two-run homer to put the Cubs ahead. Darwin Barney and Eli Whiteside pulled off a double steal -- the first stolen base for each -- and Samardzija followed with a sacrifice fly to make it 3-0. NOTES: Furcal returned to the lineup after sitting out a game to rest a swollen left knee. ... The ballparks retractable roof was closed when a thunderstorm with 50 mph winds passed by in the seventh inning. ... Marlins C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (concussion) caught eight innings in a minor league rehab game Monday and might rejoin the team this weekend. ... Castro hit his 20th double. ... RHP Bryan Morris has yet to allow a run in 9 1-3 innings since being traded to the Marlins. ... Miami RHP Chris Hatcher has recorded 12 of his past 13 outs by strikeout. ... Marlins RHP Nathan Eovaldi (4-2, 3.71 ERA), who was on paternity leave for the birth of his first child, faces Cubs RHP Jake Arrieta (2-1, 2.09) on Wednesday. Tim Heed Sharks Jersey . Klein went undrafted in the NFL last year following his senior season with the Wildcats. He was invited to the Houston Texans rookie camp, but was not offered a contract. Kevin Labanc Sharks Jersey . With the union re-formed, negotiations with owners will resume Friday on the remaining issues that would be in the collective bargaining agreement, according to a person familiar with the plans. http://www.hockeysharksshop.us/Aaron-Dell-Jersey/ . - The Minnesota Vikings have ruled Christian Ponder out for Sundays game at Baltimore, because the quarterback has not yet passed all of his post-concussion tests.PHOENIX - The celebration seemed muted, maybe because these Patriots had gone through so much just to have a chance to win.They milled about midfield as the confetti streamed down, while Seahawks fans who just a few minutes earlier were sure this was their Super Bowl filed out of the University of Phoenix stadium in shocked silence.If anyone was worried about legacies and deflated footballs, the frenetic end to this game Sunday night surely went a long way to settle that. If anyone was worried that the New England Patriots couldnt overcome both controversy and recent history, well, the Lombardi trophy was going back East once again after the Patriots somehow escaped with a 28-24 win.For those keeping score at home, thats four Super Bowl wins in 14 years for the powerhouse under Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. But the last one was a decade ago, and the pressure had been building long before the pressure was taken out of the balls in the AFC title game.I never thought another trophy would feel this good, but this absolutely does, owner Robert Kraft said. Any true Patriot fan understands that.Yes, Russell Wilson tossed this one away with one terribly ill-advised throw on what began as an ill-advised play call. No team with Marshawn Lynch in the backfield should throw the ball on the 1-yard-line with the Super Bowl on the line.Indeed, by all measures, the Seahawks should have been the ones celebrating. They should have had their second straight Super Bowl win, and the talk should have been about the dynasty Pete Carroll was building in the Pacific Northwest.But now Brady has his fourth ring, and is in the conversation again when it comes to great Super Bowl quarterbacks. Now the talk can begin again about the great Patriot dynasty that was quieted with losses in New Englands last two Super Bowls.Give the owner a rare assist on that. Kraft stepped forward upon the Patriots arrival in Arizona with a handwritten speech blasting everyone — including the NFL — who thought the team might have been cheating by deflating the balls in the AFC game against Indianapolis.. Joel Ward Sharks Jersey. .He wanted to take the pressure off his team, and he did. The questions about deflated balls became questions about football instead.And when it came time for actual football to be played, the Patriots were more than ready. Brady was better than Wilson despite throwing two picks of his own, and no one panicked when the Seahawks rolled to a 24-14 lead in the third quarter.Surprisingly enough, the New England defence was also better than the vaunted Seattle unit behind Richard Sherman, especially when cornerback Malcom Butler made the play of his life by intercepting Wilson at the goal line with 20 seconds left.Its not the way we drew it up, Brady said, but this team has never given up the entire year.They didnt give up because they were professional football players, and they both played and acted like it. The Seahawks played pretty well, too, but the contrast in styles couldnt have been more evident.On the sidelines in the second half, Sherman mugged for the cameras. After scoring the touchdown that put his team up 10 points, receiver Doug Baldwin was flagged for a celebration that looked like something he might do in the bathroom, not on the field.And in the final seconds, Seattle linebacker Bruce Irvin was ejected after starting a fight.None of that would go on under Belichick, of course, though style doesnt always win games. Neither, for that matter, do 37-year-old quarterbacks who hear the whispers after going a decade between big wins yet somehow rise to win both the game and the MVP award.Brady was 8-for-8 on the final drive to put the Patriots ahead— all with balls that had been checked and rechecked by the best security people the NFL could hire.I dont think about that, Brady said when asked if it would be his signature drive. Its a team effort. Theres never one player. It took the whole team.On this night the whole team was there, and there were no more questions to be answered.____Tim Dahlberg is a national sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at tdahlberg@ap.org or http://twitter.com/timdahlberg Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '
Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:15 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    LIME Anime Forums Forum Index » General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: