RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
The left-handed freshman led the Wildcats in rebounding

Reply to topic    LIME Anime Forums Forum Index » General Chat View previous topic
View next topic
The left-handed freshman led the Wildcats in rebounding
hfy962464
Limey Lover

Post The left-handed freshman led the Wildcats in rebounding Reply with quote
QUEBEC CITY, Que. Baker Mayfield Jersey . - Zachary Fucale only had to make 11 saves in his Remparts debut on Wednesday night as Quebec blanked the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 6-0 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action.Fucale who played 187 career games with the Halifax Mooseheads before being acquired by the Remparts in December made his first appearance with Quebec since returning from the world junior championship.Adam Erne had two goals and an assist for the Remparts (26-15-3), who halted a four-game slide, while Brian Lovell, Kurt Etchegary, Vladimir Tkachev and Matt Murphy added the others. Dmytro Timashov tacked on three assists.Daniel Vautour started in net for the Titan (13-28-5) but was pulled after allowing five goals on 14 shots in 22:05 of play. Reilly Pickard came on in relief and kicked out 13-of-14 shots.Quebec went 0 for 2 on the power play while Acadie-Bathurst failed to score on four chances with the man advantage.---SEA DOGS 3 VOLTIGEURS 2SAINT JOHN, N.B. Justice Dundas had a pair of goals and Alex Bishop made 32 saves as the Sea Dogs edged Drummondville.Spencer Smallman also scored for Saint John (24-13-6), which snapped its four-game skid.Sergei Boilov and Adam Chapman supplied the offence for the Voltigeurs (21-20-2), who lost for the first time in four outings, while Joe Fleschler turned away 17-of-20 shots in defeat.---CATARACTES 6 FOREURS 4SHAWINIGAN, Que. Alexis DAoust had a pair of goals and Marvin Cupper stopped 28 shots as the Cataractes extended their win streak to five games by defeating Val-dOr.James Phelan, Giovanni Fiore, Christophe Lalonde and Samuel Girard also scored for Shawinigan (24-17-2).Nicolas Aube-Kubel scored twice for the Foreurs (18-19-7) while Nathan Tremblay and Anthony Beauregard each scored once. Keven Bouchard allowed five goals on 19 shots in the loss.--- Denzel Ward Jersey . His actions are much louder on the Fenway Park mound. De La Rosa had another strong home start, going seven solid innings to lift the Boston Red Sox to a 2-1 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday night. Nick Chubb Browns Jersey . After losing a shutout bid in the dying seconds of Sundays win over the Colorado Avalanche, Luongo would not be denied against the punchless Oilers and is now just one back of Patrick Roy for 14th on the all-time list. http://www.footballbrownsnflprostore.com/Youth-Austin-Corbett-Elite-Jersey/ . The All Blacks played their best rugby of recent years when they beat South Africa 38-27 in Johannesburg two weeks ago, clinching the Rugby Championships in a match which has been hailed as one of the best ever played.LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky forward Julius Randle took a lot of time and talked to a lot of people before deciding to leave after one season for the NBA draft, where he is expected to be among the top five selections. With five days left before the deadline for underclassmen to declare, the 6-foot-9 Dallas native announced the decision many expected even before he arrived as part of Kentuckys best recruiting class ever. Projected as a lottery pick from the outset, Randle solidified his draft stock by leading Kentucky (29-11) to the NCAA final behind a string of double-doubles despite being double- and triple-teamed. Randle averaged 15.0 points and 10.4 rebounds and was voted to The Associated Press All-American third team. With Tuesdays announcement, he joins guard James Young, who said last week that he would enter the June 26 draft. "Kentucky will always have a special place in my heart, but growing up as a kid, theres always been my dream to play in the NBA, and theres no better opportunity for me to achieve that goal than now," Randle said at a news conference attended by his mother, Carolyn Kyles, and teammates Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein, who rode in on a scooter. Decisions remain for three more freshmen -- twin guards Aaron and Andrew Harrison and centre Dakari Johnson -- along with sophomore forward Poythress, who didnt talk about his future Tuesday. But Randles announcement was the most anticipated, even though Kentuckys fan base was resigned to him becoming the latest of the programs "one and done" players. Randles steady low-post play led to positive feedback from league executives about his NBA potential. After spending the past couple of weeks talking with his family, Kentucky coach John Calipari -- who didnt attend the news conference -- teammates and others, Randle made the decision many expected. His next step is hiring an agent. "It wasnt something that we said we were going to do overnight," Kyles said of the decision-making process. "We prayed about it and talked about it for a while and decided this is the best decision for him. ... "IIt was important to know their feedback, if they thought he was ready to go out there and contribute to a team. Nick Chubb Jersey. The positive feedback, there was enough of it coming from coach Cal that we felt this was the right thing to do." Added Randles mentor, Jeff Webster, "I just wanted to hear him say it, that this is what he wanted to do." Considered the best player of Kentuckys much-heralded eight-man recruiting class featuring six high school All-Americans, the 250-pound Randle was initially described by Calipari as the "alpha beast" of this talented group. The Wildcats overcame a stretch-run slump to reach the NCAA championship game before they lost 60-54 to Connecticut. Randle had 10 points, six rebounds and four assists in the final, but the Huskies defence kept him from being a threat in the paint. The left-handed freshman led the Wildcats in rebounding and scoring and posted a nation-leading 24 double-doubles in spite of opponents work in limiting his options near the basket. Calipari said in a statement that Randle "was Shaqd all year -- in every way," referring to defences applied to former NBA great Shaquille ONeal. "I cannot wait to watch him shine at the next level." Randle scored nearly half of his 599 points from the foul line, as he often had to muscle his way through double teams. He also provided one of Kentuckys season highlights in late February with a game-winning putback in the final seconds of a 77-76 overtime victory over LSU, one of many hard-fought games for a gifted yet inexperienced Wildcats squad that needed all season to come together. Through it all Randle remained a steady force with physical play that reinforced speculation that he would be among the top players chosen in June. "I came here to win a national championship. I came here to mature on and off the court, and I did that," Randle said. "I came (up) one game short of winning a national championship, we did as a team. But everything we went through this year was just an experience Ill never forget. That alone kept me at peace." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '
Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:10 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    LIME Anime Forums Forum Index » General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: