RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Girls Bravo Season 2 Episode 4

Reply to topic    LIME Anime Forums Forum Index » Need Help? » Playback Issues View previous topic
View next topic
Girls Bravo Season 2 Episode 4
Mysteryman2000
n00b

Post Girls Bravo Season 2 Episode 4 Reply with quote
I was trying to open up the file and the file won't open. There seems to be something wrong with the episode. I tried opening it with Media Player Classic and it said it could not render. I tried opening it with vlc, zoom, and even quicktime. So I downloaded it again and still have the problem. I think that the file is corrupt when it was uploaded. Could someone please fix this problem, I can't continue the series until I have seen episode 4. I am at a stalemate, I am in check!. To much information. Thank you again.
Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
halo1322
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Delete the episode 4 file and the torrent entirely. Re-download the torrent and re-download the file. Please ensure that you run the torrent without selecting only the missing episode. Allow the torrent to seed the files you already have while downloading episode 4. This is about the only way I know of to fix the problem. If it persists you will have to delete the entire file (all eps) and download again. Chances are there may have been an interruption while you were downloading that corrupted the data file. I have checked my copy of the file and it runs perfectly fine. I will set my copy of girls bravo 2nd season to seed for the next couple of days to allow you the opportunity to get the file. Other than that there isn't a lot that I can do.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:20 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mysteryman2000
n00b

Post Reply with quote
I have been trying to use the torrent but it is going incredibly slow. Is there any way it can be put onto megaupload?
Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
halo1322
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
No, I don't deal with Megaupload and I just checked my torrent client and it registers an upload speed of 141kbs.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mysteryman2000
n00b

Post Reply with quote
I did everything you said and the file still does not work. Is the file suppose to be 237,978 KB?
Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Azhtabak
n00b

Post Reply with quote
That sounds about right, most of them are around that size in my experience. Could it be your media player - is it just that one episode that won't play?

I'm downloading it myself via torrent now, so once it's done I'll tell you if it works or not.

EDIT: Having just downloaded episode 4, it works fine for me in a variety of media players.
Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
halo1322
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Mysteryman2000 wrote:
I did everything you said and the file still does not work. Is the file suppose to be 237,978 KB?

Something doesn't sound right, check the CRC it should be 541F7CF6 and the file size should be 232.40MB. If those don't match then your file is incomplete.

Last edited by halo1322 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:00 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mysteryman2000
n00b

Post Reply with quote
It works now, I tried the torrent again. This one seems to work on VLC.
Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
halo1322
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
That's good, but we don;t recommend or support VLC because of the horrible way it renders subs nor do we support CCCP. Give it a try in MPC or Zoom and see how it works. Also, did you compare the CRC? It's the best indicator that you have a complete file. There are several programs out there that will let you calculate the file hash, one is AOM which can be found here: http://wiki.anidb.net/w/AniDB_O%27Matic or you can use Hashcalc which can be found here: http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/

Both are very helpful tools in making sure that you have complete files, I prefer AOM since it has several other useful features that make keeping track of all of my anime files a little easier. Wink

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:04 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mysteryman2000
n00b

Post Reply with quote
I don't know anything about CRC. I usually use the size of the file determine everything.
Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:42 am View user's profile Send private message
halo1322
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
If you compare the CRC file hash it will tell you if you have a complete file. Knowing the file size helps, but comparing the CRC will tell you without fail that the file is a good copy or not. If the CRC's don't match the file is most likely corrupted, something that just the file size alone won't tell you. However, it's your choice what you do, I'm just telling you that this is the best way to verify a downloaded file.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    LIME Anime Forums Forum Index » Need Help? » Playback Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: