RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Girls Bravo Second Season Subs

Reply to topic    LIME Anime Forums Forum Index » Need Help? » Playback Issues View previous topic
View next topic
Girls Bravo Second Season Subs
Chibicon
n00b

Post Girls Bravo Second Season Subs Reply with quote
I hope this is the right section(and that old releases can be discussed).

For some reason, I can't change the way the subtitles look for episodes 2-13. I can't change the font, the colors, shading, etc. I can do this for Episode 1 though.

Any suggestions? Or, are the other episodes not changeable? There is another option in DirectVobsub for a different subtitle, but when I select it no subtitles show.

If I can't change it, it's okay. I just like the ability to change the font and stuff to fit my style while watching.

*I tried to include screen shots, but there is a rule against it for newcomers. 10 post and 7 days.
**I also saw that episode 1 was a version 2. Could that be why only it could be changed?
Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:47 am View user's profile Send private message
halo1322
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
If memory serves those subs were ripped from the DVD which is probably why you can't change them since what ever style was used with the DVD is the only style that was encoded.

If I'm wrong one of my other, more knowledgeable staff members will gleefully point out my mistake and set you on the right path. Wink

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Saoen
LIME-Anime Staff Swiss Army Knife

Post Reply with quote
Im pretty sure Girls Bravo uses Vob-Sub DVD Subtitles which would explain why you cannot change the style of the subs.

But since I do not have the files my self I cannot check, but I will try to get the files so I can find out for you.

~Reducing the Population one bounty at a time with Lucky star OP on repeat~
Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kemuri-_9
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Yes, ep 1 is in SRT plaintext format while 2+ are in direct DVD copy IDX/SUB format.

Folding@Home Stats
Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:53 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chibicon
n00b

Post Reply with quote
I see. Well, no biggie I suppose.

Thanks for answering my question.
Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:29 am View user's profile Send private message
Zalis
Lime-Anime Staff

Post Reply with quote
As a side note: Episode 1 of S2 is on DVD vol. 3, and eps 2-13 are spread between discs 4,5, and 6. So ep 1 was in a different release batch from the rest of the S2 episodes, and at some point between the releases of discs 3 and 4, Riza (whom I believe encoded this) decided to switch from unstyled subs to imagesubs. That's probably why that episode is different from the rest in the season.
Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:42 am View user's profile Send private message
kemuri-_9
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
that is all correct information.

Folding@Home Stats
Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    LIME Anime Forums Forum Index » Need Help? » Playback Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: